Root Kitchen Terms & Conditions & Privacy
The term 'Root Kitchen' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 20 West Bank Avenue, Lytham, FY8 5RB.
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us, Root Kitchen. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics, photography and recipe content. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
If you need to make any changes or enquire about your order or subscription, please get in touch via email.
- As an online retailer we are governed by the United Kingdom Distance Selling Regulations. However, as we are selling perishable goods, the regulations relating to the return of unwanted goods do not directly apply to us. For more information, please go to
- If you are unsatisfied with any of the items in your order or any part of the delivery service from Root Kitchen, please contact us by emailing us
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Contact Details: for any questions or additional information please don’t hesitate to give David or Rishma a shout at email@example.com
Root Kitchen Respect Your Privacy
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 16th May 2020.
We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.rootkitchen.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
What are you doing with my information?!
Information you enter into our registration forms may be collected and stored by us so that we may contact you in relation to the nature of your attempted transaction, even if you don't confirm the transaction. We may also send operational emails to enquire as to why the purchase was not completed, which you can opt-out of any time by emailing us at heading your email “GET ME OUT OF HERE”.
We share your information with third parties and partners for the following purposes:
- Administering certain aspects of our service and providing you with the products ordered via our website, such as delivery of your orders, taking payments, managing payment disputes and gathering feedback via a review site to assess your experience of our products and Services
- Where we are required to disclose information by law
- Where we have your permission, such as to display your feedback and / or photos
- We will never share your data with third parties for their marketing purposes, but may use it to show you relevant offers and promotions on third party sites
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
Storage of your personal data:
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
C is for Cookie (...vegan obvs’)
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies help us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to provide you with the best service we can. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. We only use this information for statistical analysis and then data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. To summarise they enable us:
- To build your box/order and take you to checkout.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use Necessary, Preferences, Statistics & Marketing cookies to track what you’re doing on the site in order to help us improve it and fulfil our promise of delivering exceptional quality and give you a better browsing experience in the future. You can read more about what each of these cookies do below:
Necessary cookies: Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preferences cookies: Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region you are in.
Statistic cookies: Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Pixels: Pixel-based tracking is the process of tracking a visit or event on a web page, ad impressions on social, the opening of an email to help understand user behaviour.
How can I manage my cookie preferences?
At Root Kitchen we’ll always ask for your consent to accept cookies before continuing onto our website, and you can also access, change, delete and limit your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites and social media sites:
Our website may contain links to other websites or social media sites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites. This privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties who we think you may find interesting.
Under the GDPR legislation, you have the right to request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Root Kitchen, 20 West Bank Avenue, Lytham, FY8 5RB or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may offer new and/or existing customers special offers from time to time. Where we make such offers, introductory offers are only available to new users of the website. Previously registered users do not qualify for an additional offer, unless expressly stated. “Previously registered users” refers to any combination of: a user with a registered account with Root Kitchen, a credit or debit card, a credit or debit card holder, a delivery address, a cardholder address, or a household, who has previously made use of the Root Kitchen service. Unless otherwise stated, only one discount code may be applied per order, and each code may only be used once, for both one time purchases and subscriptions. Discount codes cannot be applied towards a trial box order. They may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or published either directly or indirectly in any form. We reserve the right to terminate or modify discounts at anytime without prior notice and at our sole discretion.
In the instance of friend referral discount codes, we encourage our customers to share their referral link with as many friends as possible. These codes may only be used once, and only one discount can be applied per order. Referral codes cannot be applied towards a trial box order. Orders placed using referral discount codes cannot be cancelled or refunded. They may, however, be postponed or delayed at Root Kitchen’s discretion
Unless otherwise stated, all food or prizes given away as part of a competition or prize draw must be claimed by the winning party within three months of initial notification via email. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and we reserve the right to withdraw a prize if we suspect abuse or violation of the competition rules, which will be viewable on our site at the time of the competition.