Quick Vegan Hummus Bowl Recipe
If your anything like us, you LOVE Hummus! This week we thought we'd share our favourite recipe so that as we are now into garden party season you will have the perfect home made Hummus Bowl to keep all your guests dipping their chips.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Hummus Bowl Recipe Ingredients
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 8 cucumber slices (or standard cucumber, peeled)
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 handful of Kalamata (or your favourite variety) olives
- 2 tablespoons of vegan feta cheese
- 1handful of baby greens or chopped lettusce
- 1/2 cup of cooked rice or packaged pre-cooked rice (optional) Easy Couscous or easy Orzo
- 1 pitta bread, pita chips or gluten free crackers
- Optional toppings: Jarred Calabrian chilis or roasted red peppers, caper berries, fresh herbs, frozen or homemade falafel.
- Place greens and rice in the bowl, if using (try packaged pre-cooked rice for a quick shortcut). If using rice season it with salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Top with hummus, sliced cucumber, chopped red onions, slices of tomato, olives and feta cheese. Eat with pita wedges, using the hummus as a dip/dressing for the veggies.
This recipe is really simple and the end result is an absolutely banging Hummus Bowl that is full of delicious flavours, I'll be honest I could happy sit and have one all to myself!
Offering an environmentally friendly and convenient solution, all meals are packaged in recyclable packaging and shipped using a carbon neutral courier.
Follow Root Kitchen and stay up to date @rootkitchen_uk on Instagram.
Add a comment